Sunday 16 December 2012

How did you attract/address your audience?


I attracted my audience by using the conventions of magazines which I highlighted during my research at the beginning of the project. These include the mast head featuring big bold lettering, the largest font on the front cover followed by the sub heading and cover lines. I made sure that the key image was clearly visible, this draws the reader’s attention to the image, the image itself  shows one of the band members pointing towards the camera, this gives the illusion that he is in fact pointing directly at the audience and staring at them. The illusion works at a distance and is effect at a number of angles other than just straight ahead. This makes the front cover eye catching

To address my audience I used an informal tone, along with colloquial language making my product ease to relate to. It also makes it seem as if the articles are taking to the reader rather than at the reader. My product also recaps on topics when covering latest developments. This gives the magazine friendly, this can allow new readers to pick up my product without being intimidated or feeling excluded due to in house joke

No comments:

Post a Comment